2.14.2012

What's Love Got to Do with It?



















Throughout my single and non-single years, Valentine’s Day has always stirred up certain emotions and expectations, and I 100% blame Hallmark and Disney for that. It’s ridiculous that the girl at the office who doesn’t have flowers at her desk has to go home feeling a little bit sorry for herself on February 14th (and yes, I have been that girl!)

Without the fuss and frill of it all (the roses, the chocolate, and the absurd teddy bears), to me, Valentine’s Day is about celebrating love (for the couples out there), believing in love (for all of the single ladies), not giving up on love (for those of you who are frustrated with the process of meeting someone), and to appreciate the love that you already have all around you (from your friends, family and co-workers).

As a little girl, I always dreamed of the day that I would live happily ever after. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t shocked when the process wasn’t as easy as getting rescued from a tower and being swooped off my feet. I was a bit naive. I have certainly had my own trials and tribulations while searching for my ‘prince charming’. The thoughts of ‘Know one will ever understand me’ and ‘I will never meet anyone who is one the same page as me’ or ‘I am not attracted to anyone in NYC’ or ‘What if he doesn’t like me as much as I like him?’ consumed me at times. Throughout these moments of self doubt, I always collected inspirational quotes about love. Some make me laugh and some make my heart melt.

Today, whatever stage of love you are in, I hope you get some pleasure (no pun intended!) out of these!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 












 
 
 
 
 
 




























 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I can attest to your dream of your wedding day. I think when you were around 3 or 4, you saw the wedding on Sesame Street and we played wedding over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - sorry to just respond now! For some reason I don't get the notification when I get a message. I am still learning about this blog thing:) You would definitely know about this more than most people! Those were special times and I love thinking back to how much fun we had on Liberty Lane! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete